Floor Technician (Special Projects Team)
Schedule: Varies depending on Special Projects schedule
Location: Hampton / Newport News VA
Job Duties: Under general direction, performs various floor maintenance functions in accordance with standard techniques and procedures. Tasks will include a mix of the following:
– Operate various types of equipment used for floor care maintenance such as automatic scrubbers, floor machines, wet/dry vacuums, burnishers, vacuums, sweepers, pressure wash equipment and carpet extractors.
– Provides daily preventive equipment maintenance on all equipment used. Tags equipment for major repairs, and report building and equipment maintenance issues to Special Projects Manager.
– Dust mops, cleans and burnishes floors; strips, refinishes, scrubs and/or recoats floors; machine scrubs floors according to floor maintenance schedules.
– May be required to perform general custodial duties which includes, but not limited to, cleaning entranceways, restrooms, lobbies, lounge areas, dining areas, classrooms, labs, conference and meeting areas, office areas and stairwells.
– Must be able to work effectively individually or with other team members.
– Conduct all work in accordance with company procedures, including safety, door lock, time & attendance, and uniform policies.
– Mandatory Background Check – You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
– Previous floor care experience is preferred, as well as, knowledge of chemicals, cleaners, application practices and maintenance of floor care equipment and supplies.
– Must have ability to work independently and as a team member.
– Must have good work ethics and quality job performance.
– Must be detail oriented and work at an efficient pace.
– Must be reliable.
– Able to lift up to 65 lbs.
– Physically able to be on your feet during an entire shift; walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and crouching.
– Must have reliable transportation to the job site. * You may be required to travel to various locations within the state of Virginia and Hampton Roads areas.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://[email protected], [email protected] →